Friday, October 06, 2006

Wachovia, You Rock

Wachovia's customer service rocks.

Not only was the Wachovia customer service rep courteous and patient with me as I explained an issue with a paycheck direct deposit screwup (last time I ask for split checks), but she waived the wiring fee of $22 by crediting it back to me.

She stayed on the phone with me as I got our accounting department on the phone at the same time, and she explained how to do it step by step. In a few minutes, she got done what the accounting department said could not be done.

I've dealt with a lot of banks in my life, and I've NEVER had a bank waive wiring fees when the mistake was on my end. Not only that, she stayed on the phone chatting with me until we got confirmation, and was as nice as apple pie to boot. Imagine that, I felt like I was the only customer she had in the world, and she made sure everything was fine before hanging up.

I was thinking about switching to WaMu (Washington Mutual Bank) based on their free everything policies, but after my happy experience today, I'm a Wachovia man. Of course, if WaMu had a prime rate interest on checking, I'd be tempted to switch again, but that's beside the point.

This blog is in celebration of Wachovia's friendly customer service rep whose name I do not remember.

-David

No comments: